You can apply for housing as a single person, a couple or a family.
Applicants seeking rooming house accommodation (located in St Kilda, Elwood and Balaclava) must attend the office for an interview with a tenancy staff member. Interviews are conducted between 2.00pm and 4.00pm Tuesday to Friday. No appointment is necessary. Interviews are held at Suite 6/22-28 Fitzroy Street, St Kilda.
To apply for general housing (non rooming house) please complete the Housing Application form. When you fill out the application form you will need to provide details about the people living with you, their income, savings and other assets. Before your application can be approved it will be assessed against our eligibility criteria and if approved, your application will be placed on our Housing Register. We will write and tell you the outcome of your application.
In general, to be eligible for PPHA’s housing, you must:
- meet income and asset eligibility criteria (see below)
- not own or part own a property
- have Australian citizenship or permanent residency status
- be able to pay at least one week’s rent
- have no outstanding arrears from a previous tenancy with PPHA
- be able to live independently and meet tenancy responsibilities
- have links to the geographical area in which PPHA’s housing is located
Your gross household income cannot exceed the following limits (there is some variation with NRAS properties):
|Single, no children
|Sole parent, 1 child (add $14,871 for each additional child)
|Couple with 1 child (add $14,871 for each additional child)||$76,856|